Advertising Rates – Print Edition
Effective December 15, 2007
A great way to reach photographers and others interested in creating or using images, either traditionally, digitally or online.
Now in its 25th year, PhotoMedia is read by more than 70,000 of the most serious professional and amateur photographers and those who work with photography, residing west of the Rocky Mountains.
The magazine is distributed FREE at hundreds of strategic locations, including select specialty photo retailers, labs and service bureaus, photo schools and workshops, colleges with photo programs, and photo galleries in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming and Alaska. We also have a devoted subscriber base and mail complimentary issues to select influential people in the industry throughout the U.S.
Display Advertising Rates
(Black and white)
|Back Cover *||4500||N/A|
|Inside Front Cover *||4175||N/A|
|Inside Back Cover *||3900||N/A|
|* Rates for these positions include four-color charges.|
|Guaranteed position, add 15 percent|
|Spot color, add $425|
|Four color, add $795|
Please note, all ad rates are NET amounts.
Ads reserved after the published space reservation deadline will be charged an additional 10 percent.
PhotoMedia is published three times per year: Fall (mid October), Spring (late February) and Summer (early June).
All rates include a free listing on the Advertisers Page of PhotoMedia’s website (www.photomediaonline.com) with a link to your company website.
Insert information and rates available upon request.
|Double Truck (bleed) *||18.25″||11.125″|
|Full Page (bleed) *||9.25″||11.125″|
|Full Page (non-bleed)||8.625″||10.225″|
|2/3 Page (V)||6″||10.225″|
|1/2 Page (H)||8.625″||5″|
|1/2 Page (V) (bleed)||4.3125″||11.125″|
|1/2 Page (V) (non-bleed)||4″||10.225″|
|1/3 Page Block (H)||6″||5″|
|1/3 Page (H)||8.625″||3.5″|
|1/3 Page (V)||3″||10.225″|
|1/4 Page (H)||8.625″||2.5″|
|1/4 Page Block (V)||4″||5″|
|1/6 Page (H)||6″||2.5″|
|1/6 Page (V)||3″||5″|
|* Page trim size 9″ X 10.875″|
Submit display ads as digital files importable to InDesign CS2 for Macintosh on CD or DVD. Provide all native files for ads PLUS a PDF or EPS file fully linked to all native and support files including screen and printer fonts, along with a proof. Four-color ads should also include a color match proof. Graphics should be spec’d for a 150-line screen at 300 dpi minimum to size.
Advertiser will be billed for all production charges incurred by publisher in converting nonconforming ad material (digital or mechanical) to prepress-ready.
Send all materials to: PhotoMedia, 19019 Corliss Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98133.
Inquiries to Gary Halpern at 206-364-7068; Fax: 206-364-7931.
Terms and Billing
A 50 percent nonrefundable down payment is required for first-time advertisers and constitutes display ad confirmation unless other terms are agreed to in advance. Balance is due 15 days following publication date. Established advertisers are billed on issuance of publication. Terms are net 15 days.
5 percent discount for full payment with order. Please note: NO AGENCY DISCOUNTS OFFERED.
Issuance and Deadlines
1. Published three times yearly: Fall (early October), Spring (late February) and Summer (early June).
2. Space reservation deadline for ads is six weeks prior to publication date.
3. Space reservation deadline for ads requiring production work is seven weeks prior to publication date.
4. Publisher will not issue proof of advertisements requiring production work if copy is received after the press-ready deadline.
5. Closing date for press-ready ad materials is four weeks prior to publication.
Advertising Policies and Contract Provisions
1. All advertisements must be approved by the publisher before they are deemed acceptable for publication in PhotoMedia. Publisher must see proofs of insert galleys before acceptance for publication.
2. Advertisements appearing inPhotoMediamust be truthful and forthright and must represent responsible firms and/or individuals.
3. PhotoMediadoes not, as a rule, permit any price advertising on equipment and supplies in display ads in the publication. However, exceptional situations will be given consideration on a case-by-case basis.
4. Frequency rates are based on total number of insertions contracted for and used in consecutive issues.
5. Advertisers shall have the right, at their option, to terminate this contract at any time after having used space hereunder by written notice to publisher and by paying the publisher within 30 days after invoice date all sums due for space actually used at the actual rate earned.
6. Cancellation of ads by advertiser shall not be effective unless written notice of cancellation deadline as set forth in the applicable Publisher’s Rate Card. Cancellation of any portion of an advertising contract on behalf of the advertiser automatically nullifies any rate protection and any preferred position reservation on the remainder of the contract.
7. Publisher shall have the right, at his option, to terminate this contract at any time by written notice to advertiser, in which event advertiser shall pay for space actually used at the rate set forth on the face of this contract. If a space has been deducted in paying for prior insertions on a contract cancelled by the advertiser or Publisher, the advertiser and/or its agency shall reimburse the publisher for any difference between the rate paid and the rate earned.
8. Publisher shall have the right to terminate this contract at any time, with or without notice to advertiser, for nonpayment of bills at due date, or because the minimum amount of space herein contracted for is not used by advertiser within the time or times stated in this contract.
9. Publisher reserves the right to revise its advertising rates at any time. A new rate immediately applies to business not previously covered by a formal order contract specifying space to be used and dates of insertion. Advertisers already covered by a formal order (contract) may receive rate protection only for advertising appearing in the next three issues published after the date the new rates become effective. Advertiser may terminate this contract on the date the new rates become effective, provided that prior to said effective date advertiser gives to publisher written notice of such termination, and in the event of such termination, shall be liable for space used at the rate set forth on the face of this contract and not at the actual rate earned.
10. Advertiser warrants and represents that any material submitted to publisher is original, does not violate any law or infringe the copyrights, trademark, tradenames or patents of any other person, and contains no matter which is libelous, an invasion of privacy, an unlawful appropriation of the names or likeness, or is otherwise injurious to the rights of any other person, and that advertiser has obtained all necessary consents prior to submission to Publisher. Advertiser assumes all liability for all content of ads printed and advertiser agrees to indemnify and hold harmless against any and all claims, losses, liabilities and expenses, including attorney’s fees and legal expenses resulting from or attributable to the publication of any advertisement submitted by the advertiser.
11. Advertising orders specifying pages or directing insertion of advertisements in position with the provise “or omit” will not be accepted. Any provision in an ad order specifying or barring the use of any page because of the kind of news or ad on that page, on its reverse side or on the facing page, will not be legally binding upon Publisher, but will be treated as a request only. Discontinuance of advertisements ordered “Till Forbid,” and changes or cancellations of ads must be given in writing. No oral agreements will be recognized.
12. In the event of any error in printing or other inadvertent publication of an advertisement, Publisher’s liability shall not exceed the cost of the space occupied by the error. Advertiser must notify the publisher of the error in time to enable Publisher to make the correction before the second insertion. Credit, if allowed, shall be for the first insertion only and may be given in the form of republication of the corrected ad. No adjustment will be made where advertiser or its agent is responsible for the error. Under no circumstances shall Publisher be liable for consequential damages of any kind. 13. Publisher will not be liable for any failure to print, publish or circulate all or any portion of any issue if such failure is due to acts of God, strikes, accidents, or other events beyond Publisher’s control. In consideration of publication of an advertisement, the advertiser and the agency, jointly and severally, will indemnify and hold harmless the magazine, its owners, directors, officers, agents and employees against expenses (including legal fees) and losses resulting from the publication of an advertisement, including, without limitation, claims or suits for libel, violation of rights of privacy, copyright infringement, or plagiarism.